This is a short list of our most frequently asked questions. For more information about RealtySpace, or if you need support, please call oursupport center.

If you property is managed by then you can email your enquiry to or contact us 01924 249349. If the property is not managed by you would contact your landlord directly. These details will have been provided to you at the start of your tenancy.

If we haven’t answered any of your questions please contact us 01924 249349.

From 6th April 2007, all deposits paid to a landlord or agent for an assured shorthold tenancy agreement in England and Wales, must be protected by a Government authorised Deposit Scheme. is a member of the Deposit Protection Scheme.

Each property is let with different levels of furnishing. Unfurnished normally means carpets and white goods only. Furnished will tend to include living room furniture, dinning furniture, bed and wardrobes ect. This can vary but details can usually be found in the property description.

You are responsible for paying the council tax and utility bills unless otherwise stated. As the tenants you are also responsible for opening and closing accounts with the utility companies. These include, gas, electricity, water, TV licensing and broadband ect. We will provide you with meter reading at the start and end of your tenancy.

Yes, you must insure your contents, as the landlords insurance will only cover the property / goods, but not your possessions. Please contact us for details on companies who provide contents insurance and specialise in insurance for tenants.

Not unless specifically defined and agreed in advance. This is always at the landlords discretion. Many apartment blocks are restricted to pets by head leases, which landlords must obey. If you require a property that does allow pets then please let us know and we will do our best to find a suitable property for you.

Yes we will consider housing benefit providing as long as  you have your first month’s rent and bond in advance  (please see The renting Process for more details) You will also be required to provide a guarantor.
DSS or Housing Benefits is always at the landlord’s discretion.
Do you have properties available for short term letting?
Our contracts are usually for a minimum of 6 months and can be continued thereafter but some landlords may accept a short term contract depending on your circumstances.

If your financial reference is adverse for any reason you may require a guarantor to support your tenancy. A guarantor needs to have strong financial references as they will be responsible to guarantee to the landlord:

  1. Payment by the tenant of the rent due under the tenancy agreement and
  2. Due to performance of the tenant’s covenants an obligation contained in the tenancy agreement.

What if I am retired?
You will need to provide proof of a pension to cover the rent or an income from Shares or Investments: alternatively you can offer to pay the rent in advance for the term of the tenancy. Or you can provide a guarantor.

You will require either 3 years certified accounts from you accountant OR three years worth of tax returns confirming your income. If you are in a position where this is not possible then a guarantor may be required or you can offer to pay the full rent in advance for the term of the tenancy.

  • Credit Score – Bankruptcy – CCJ / Court Decree
  • Personal identity Checks
  • Verification of current home address
  • Verification of home address for the last 3 years
  • Report on detrimental credit history
  • Current landlord / Managing Agent reference
  • Employers reference & financial check
  • Previous employers reference (if required)